Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
Aaron, Hope, Will, Robbi, and Jacob

On the way Up Clingman's Dome

On the way Up Clingman's Dome
We Made it ! Can't see anything through the cloud, but we made it.

The Kids in Costume

The Kids in Costume

Friday, March 16, 2007

Thoughts from Jim

Today we picked up Will’s passport at the Guangzhou Civil Affairs office. The last step remaining is the immigration approval from the U. S. Consulate which should come Monday with our swearing in ceremony Tuesday. Chris (our guide) and I sat down for 2 hours yesterday filling out all required documents (many of the forms seemed like duplicates of each other and were at times confusing – but each serves a unique purpose to the embassy officials.) I have to say that this last step makes me almost as nervous as the day we were waiting to receive Will.

Will has continued to amaze me with how well he’s doing and how well he has accepted Jacob and me. While he obviously prefers me, I’ve been able to leave him with Jacob on a couple of occasions (such as when I had to do the paperwork for Immigration) and they have done relatively well together. While I know that we are going to have to work hard with him in the upcoming months and years, I know without a doubt that he’s going to fit well with our family. His progress here reminds me a lot of how well Hope did when she and I were here 2 ½ years ago.

Will has an amazing kindness about him – he loves sharing, especially when it comes to food. He also has excellent sense of humor. Hearing his hearty laugh (which he has done on regular basis over the past several days) is touching.

Saturday and Sunday are off days for us – Chris is planning on taking us to another temple tomorrow. I’m hoping to go to the local Christian church service Sunday morning – The last time I went it was one of the most touching experiences of my first trip.

Well, that’s about all that I can think of for now.

Jim

No comments: